I spent most of my life sick with chronic asthma, sinusitis and later on, panic disorder, undergoing many operations to my sinuses (13 in all), and spending 13 long years as a “victim” of panic disorder and agoraphobia. [13 must be my ‘number’ – I was even born on the 13th].
Once I regained my health, I qualified as a Nutritional Therapist and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition, from the International Academy of Nutrition in Australia in order to help others experience same level of vibrant health and healing. Having found that food and supplements could dramatically change my life, giving me the quality of life I’d always dreamed about, I decided to study so that I could help others. My full story is related in my best-selling book “Let Food Be Your Medicine” – an easy to understand guide to healthy living, which has been updated 3 times, and is about to undergo it’s 4th expanded updated edition, so it is temporarily out of print till later this year.
For more than 2 decades I’ve been invited to speak around the globe, bringing a message of hope through food and targeted supplementation. There’s nothing quite like living this oneself to be able to empathise with others. My over-riding passion on life is to touch and change lives – as a victim of ill-health for most of my early life, and knowing the freedom good health brings – I cannot help myself. I believe God alone is the Healer – and He led me to an understanding of how to eat for good health through an Australian doctor. Nobody teaches us how to eat sadly, so that’s my mission.
Most recently, I co-authored a book with Tim Noakes and together we began a revolution in this country – which has changed the way our nation eats. It has sparked a true revolution, and outsold every other book published in this country. I have provided my sequel to this book now in THE LOW CARB CREED, which is already a bestseller. I have authored 10 books, and have a few new ones coming up. The book I co-wrote with chef Jason Whitehead called “Tasty WasteNOTS” has won a national award – The World Gourmet Cookbook Award. We now go on to compete in China internationally during 2017.
I’m delighted to offer you my product range – and please have a look at my website too – please enjoy.
- Awarded South Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business & Government 2009/2010 in the category of Medical, Dentistry, Health and Veterinary Services.
- Co-Author of best seller The Real Meal Revolution with Professor Tim Noakes, an international best-seller, and best seller ever in South Africa.
- Co-Author of best seller Tasty WasteNOTS with Chef Jason Whitehead – and joint winners of 2016 World Gourmet Cookbook Award.
- Winner and co-author of Book of the Year 2014 (Real Meal Revolution) Nielsen Award.
- Author of 10 books.
- Resident health writer for many magazines over the years, and contribute regularly to magazines nationally and internationally.
- Integrative Functional Nutritional Therapist
Post Grad Dip Clinical Nutrition, International Academy of Nutrition, Australia
- Diploma:Functional Medicine Education Series, Institute for Functional Medicine (USA)
- Graduate: Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice, IFM, USA
- Graduate: Functional Nutrition Head to Toe, IFM, USA
- Diploma in Nutritional Supplementation, International Academy of Nutrition, Australia